The sun has finally decided to show its face and you know what that means?! It’s time to pull on your shorts and enjoy everything that our beautiful land has on offer.
If you have let things slide over the winter months and are feeling sluggish and apprehensive about fitting into your summer gear, now is the time to implement some simple steps to help you towards getting vital and gorgeous for all those fun summer activities. These are our top five picks
- Get active – Exercise doesn’t just tone your muscles, support your veins, promote a heart health, healthy weight, bones and beautiful skin, it also makes you feel great and motivates you to perform better in other areas of your life. Aim for at least half an hour of moderate to intense exercise four times a week.
- Eat more fresh veges – Vegetables are chock full of all of the nutrients needed to keep your body running at its best. They also support detoxification, healthy metabolism and a healthy glowing complexion that puts a tan to shame. Try and double your daily intake!
- Take a multi vitamin- Eating a good diet is a full time job and sometimes we may slip leading to poor food choices. This along with the rigours of a stressful and busy life can mean that you end up struggling to keep up your nutritional stores. This can mean fatigue, irritability, feeling run down and then making bad food choices. Radiance® Multi for Women is a top quality, high potency, multi vitamin formulated specifically by a naturopath help keep on top of your nutrient requirements and support healthy energy levels, immunity and a healthy stress response.
- Get your beauty sleep – Many of us skimp on sleep as the summer months roll around and party season beckons but having adequate sleep is super important. If you feel tired, you are way more likely to reach for a bag of chips or a sweet treat and more likely to skip the gym. Poor sleep also means that your skin doesn’t get a chance to detoxify and regenerate and that means that great combo- pimples and wrinkles too! So get to bed at a reasonable hour and if have trouble getting off to sleep try supplementing with Radiance® Magnesium Complex Plus, as magnesium deficiency, which is ultra-common, can manifest as poor sleep.
- Keep an eye on portion size- It doesn’t matter if you eat healthy food or not, if you eat too much of it you will end up with problems doing up last season’s shorts. If you are finding that you just can’t resist that extra serving or crave ice-cream after dinner, maybe try Radiance® WellTrim African Mango- it supports a healthy appetite, blood sugar levels and healthy cholesterol too.
So don’t be too freaked out about summer rolling around, follow our 5 top tips and get out there!