Do you rely on that morning coffee (or two) or afternoon sugary sweets to give you that extra boost to get you through the day? In the long term these quick fixes can leave you feeling more exhausted.
In today’s busy world it is easy to feel run down. Fatigue can manifest in the form of mood swings, lack of concentration, headaches and a feeling of exhaustion. Instead of using stimulants for a quick boost, you can fuel your body with the right nutrients so that you have sustained energy to get through the whole day. Here are some tips to boost your energy that are easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
Nourish your body with super foods
The most nutrient dense foods on earth! Due to their concentrated level of nutrients, Radiance® Superfoods are a natural way to increase your energy and feel great throughout the whole day. Try the following Superfoods to boost your energy levels:
Natural multivitamin – Radiance SuperGreens Plus
Radiance® SuperGreens is the new generation of multi nutrition! It contains 81 specially picked ingredients including superfoods, fruit and vege extracts, vegan protein and probiotics. All of these ingredients are shown to help support energy and vitality throughout the day.
Our favourite way to have this superfood blend is in a juice; try mixing it with apple or pineapple juice or to a smoothie, it even tastes great in water. You can also mix it through yoghurt, pureed frozen bananas, chia pudding or into raw baking.
Swap your chocolate bar for Cacao Powder
Craving chocolate? Here’s a superfood substitute that’s full of goodness without the guilt. Cacao is high in magnesium and iron which are important for energy production. Cacao contains certain nutrients that have a stimulating effect on the nervous system and helps to elevate mood. Cacao is a good replacement for that sugary treat but should still be consumed in moderation.
Radiance Cacao can be used in a hot chocolate, smoothies, in baking and on your breakfast cereal, to add a rich chocolatey flavour.
Charge up with Chia
High fibre Chia seeds help to maintain sustained energy levels and when added to liquid the seeds swell to double their size to give a sensation of fullness. Chia seeds also contain iron, calcium and magnesium and are loaded with omega-3 good fats.
Radiance® Chia seeds have a mild flavour and can be added to cereals, stir fries, shakes and salads.
Rich in vitamin C and containing B vitamins and minerals this super food is a natural energy support. Maca has a nourishing effect on the body’s endocrine system that is responsible for energy production.
Maca can be used in juices, smoothies, baking or cereals.
Try the following tips to modify your lifestyle for maximum energy:
– Ditch processed foods – Did you know that some foods actually require more nutrients to digest than they actually provide? To avoid feeling tired and lethargic after a meal, try consuming whole, unprocessed foods with a balance of protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
– Avoid skipping meals – food is fuel for our bodies. Eating at regular intervals, every 3-4 hours, has been showed to maintain energy levels and improve concentration.
– Stay away from stimulants – No, we’re not going to take your morning coffee away from you, but it would be a good idea to keep it to one cup a day and eventually just as a treat. Swap sugary snack with dried fruit and raw nuts or veggies and hummus.
– Hydrate – Even mild dehydration can cause fatigue. Consume at least 2 litres of water a day. Try adding a slice of fruit or fresh mint if you find water boring.
– Exercise – Exercise may be the last thing you feel like doing when you are exhausted but it can actually increase your energy levels, by increasing blood and oxygen flow around the body. Even if it’s a simple 30 minute walk you will feel an improvement.